[BBLISA-announce] Email flood, presents from the list in time for Christmas 8-/

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Sat Dec 20 22:31:27 EST 2014

Hi all:

Sorry about the email flood some of you may have experienced.

The mailq on bblisa.org was clogged with failing emails due to a
misconfig in postfix that prevented them from being deleted.

>From an anlaysis of the few thousand or so queued messages, I thought
that they were mostly undeliverable. As a result I didn't nuke the
whole mail queue before fixing things.

However it appears those failing emails were also blocking the
processing of some valid emails sent over the past 5 or so months.

So when I fixed the misconfig, the dam was opened and the email
flooded forth.

Enjoy your "presents". I hope everybody enjoys the holidays.

Sorry again for the flood.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard