[BBLISA-announce] BBLISA September talk tomorrow: MooseFS

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Sep 10 09:15:25 EDT 2013

Hi Everybody:

The next BBLISA talk will be held at MIT building E-51, Room 145 on
Wednesday September 11, 2013 (tomorrow) at 7PM.

The speaker will be Peter aNeutrino (LizardFS.org) who will be
presenting a talk titled:

   Is the MooseFS distributed filesystem in your future?

This talk will focus on features of MooseFS which make it very
interesting choice for storage alternatives.  MooseFS is used all
over the world to store hundreds of petabytes of production
data. Starting with installation and configuration the talk will
move on to management of MooseFS.  Then the reasons for creating the
LizardFS fork of MooseFS will be presented.  Finally the challenges
to be solved to make the LizardFS an enterprise ready storage
solution will be discussed.

Peter aNeutrino started working in Poland 20 years ago writing
assembler for Demoscene. He sharpened his Linux skills working for
Siemens, Google and Gemius in Poland. He has spent his last 3 years
working on MooseFS. He now is building a team of developers to
improve MooseFS using modern development methods. This new Open
Source release is LizardFS that he hopes will change everything in
today's storage market.

I hope to see you there.

--
				-- rouilj