[BBLISA-announce] Last Night's meeting

Adam Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Thu Apr 11 16:48:00 EDT 2013

For those who didn't attend, last night's BBLISA meeting -- "Lightning
Talks," hosted by Matt Simmons -- was a success. Nine talks by eight
people (K.M. Peterson was crazy enough to speak twice) and lots of good
discussion afterwords. You can read Matt's write-up on his blog, here:

    http://www.standalone-sysadmin.com/blog/2013/04/back-bay-lisa-lightning-talks-huge-success/

We're planning another similar meeting later in the year, except that
one will be more of a "show-and-tell"; that is, we'll be asking everyone
who attends to speak for up to five minutes describing what you're
currently working on or what you're about to start working on. Like last
night's meeting, there will also be a discussion period when people can
ask questions, offer suggestions. etc.

I'd like to thank Matt for organizing the meeting and for making it a
success. I look forward to the next one (which Matt will also organize)
and I hope even more members will show up to participate.

Adam