[BBLISA-announce] BBLISA talk tonight: "What does a CIO do anyway?"

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed May 9 10:49:52 EDT 2012

Hi all:

The May BBLISA meeting will be held tonight, Wednesday, May 9 2012 at
MIT room E51-145 at 7PM.

Our speaker is Martin Leach. He is the chief information officer at
the Broad Institute.

His topic is:

     What does a CIO do anyway?

The average job life of a CIO is about 2 1/2 years, it even comes with
the pleasant acronym of '*C*areer *I*s *O*ver'. The Broad Institute
just hired their first CIO, and will try to justify his existence at
this presentation and discussion.

I look forward to seeing you there.

--
				-- rouilj