[BBLISA-announce] March BBLISA meeting: Bacula (Wednesday March 14)

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Fri Mar 2 21:08:58 EST 2012

Hello All:

The March BBLISA talk will be:

    Bacula: An Introduction to an Open Source backup system

by K. M. Petersen.

   What should be a simple problem to solve - having a copy of
   important data in case of hardware error or human mistake - turns
   out to have complex (and expensive) solutions. Bacula is an
   open-source application that runs in most popular environments,
   supports disk and tape-based backups, and utilizes a database for
   managing its catalog of file versions and backup media. This
   presentation will discuss Bacula's functionality, including its
   features and some implementation details, and provide a short
   example of a working configuration.

K. M. Peterson has worked as a manager, systems administrator, and
consultant in academic, commercial, and non-profit environments. He's
interested in topics in data management, networking, security and
automation. Currently, he is seeking the next challenging role, and
digging deeper into interesting technologies he has encountered over
the past several years.

He lives in Brookline and reads voraciously, bicycles rapidly, and
photographs occasionally. Contact information and his resume are at
kmpeterson.com

Room: MIT E-51, Room 145
Date/Time: Wednesday March 14th 2012 at 7PM

As usual there will be door prizes.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard