[BBLISA-announce] BBLISA this Wed July 11 - DTrace

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Jul 10 21:12:28 EDT 2012

Hello all:

The July BBLISA talk will be given this Wednesday (today for most of
you) by Jim Mauro on:

  Solaris Dynamic Tracing - DTrace

  DTrace is a revolutionary software framework that enables
  unprecedented observability up and down the entire software
  stack. DTrace was first introduced in Solaris 10, and continues to
  ship with Solaris, with ports to Mac OS X and FreeBSD. Others are
  underway. This talk will provide an overview of the DTrace framework
  and key components, as well as a tour of using DTrace to measure and
  observe system behavior.

If you have ever tried to figure out why an application was slow or
wished truss or strace provided you with more information, dtrace can
provide the answer.

The talk will be held in MIT E-51, Room 395 on Wednesday July 11th.

7:00 - Announcements & Introductions
7:25 - Door prizes (worth anywhere from $43.99 to $2.99)
7:30 - Formal presentation

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard