[BBLISA-announce] February BBLISA meeting oVirt

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Jan 31 17:31:24 EST 2012

Hello All:

The February BBLISA talk will be:

    An informal overview of the oVirt project: status, goals and a brief
    demonstration.

by Dave Allan.

Dave Allan has worn a number of hats: sysadmin, operations manager,
field support staff, QA engineer, software developer. He is currently
a software development manager at Red Hat where and is the PHB of the
libvirt team and interact frequently with the oVirt team.

For those not familiar with the oVirt project, the web blurb is:

   The oVirt Project is an open virtualization project for anyone that
   cares about Linux-based KVM virtualization. Providing a
   feature-rich server virtualization management system with advanced
   capabilities for hosts and guests, including high availability,
   live migration, storage management, system scheduler, and more.

This will be an intro to oVirt and won't cover all of the available
features.

Room: E-51 145 at MIT
Date/Time: Wednesday Feb 8 2012 at 7PM

--