[BBLISA-announce] September BBLISA talk - Solid State Drives

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Thu Aug 16 11:15:28 EDT 2012

Hi all:

September's BBLISA talk will be held at MIT in room E51-149
from 7-9:30PM.

Dan Noe from VeloBit will speak on:

   Solid State Drives: Use, Performance, Caching, and More

Solid State Drives can deliver high performance, but their prices
still break the budget. SSD caching is a lower-cost method to improve
application performance by taking advantage of fewer Solid State
Drives to improve I/O. Dan will discuss SSD performance
characteristics, best practices and risks of SSD deployment, as well
as how SSD caching works and whether it can improve your performance.

Dan Noe is a Senior Software Engineer at VeloBit; previously, Dan was
an engineer at IBM/Netezza,where he worked on database storage layer
technology for the massively parallel Netezza Database Appliance. Dan
holds a B.S. in Computer Science from University of New Hampshire, is
an avid pilot and maintains Linux servers in his spare time.

Directions and more info (inlcuding the proper spelling of Dan's last
name) is available at http://www.bblisa.org.

--
				-- Rouilj

John Rouillard