[BBLISA-announce] September BBLISA meeting -- (tomorrow 09/14/2011)

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Sep 13 15:02:13 EDT 2011

Hello all:

BBLISA will return from it's summer hiatus, so get out your ark and join
us tomorrow, Wednesday September 14, 2011. Our topic will be:

Title: Converged Networks, Voice / Video / Storage / Data
Speaker: Ryan Sutton
Location: E51-376
Date: Wednesday September 14, 2011 at 7PM.

  How do you keep everything running smoothly while giving technologies
  that require low or constant latency what they need and still be able
  to watch that dog skateboarding on YouTube.  Will discuss how Quality
  of Service (QoS) works on both Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices and why you
  probably need both.  How should traffic be tagged and retagged with
  policy decisions.  If time permits we may even have some time to go
  into why net neutrality isn't as cut and dry as you may
  think. Technical details will be based off of Cisco devices but most
  concepts will translate to any modern equipment.

Our speaker, Ryan Sutton, is a Systems Engineer at a local Gold
Certified Cisco Partner. Ryan specializes in large scale Routing and
Switching, Voice, and Data Center designs and implementations. His
solutions often include interworking between multiple networking vendors
and technologies. Current projects include sub-second core convergence,
and multi-city/multi-vendor VoIP installations.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard