[BBLISA-announce] Books and News from the O'Reilly User Group Program--June

Marsee Henon & Jon Johns usergroups at post.oreilly.com
Fri Jun 17 11:02:01 EDT 2011

View this information as HTML in your browser, click here:
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zctc2hcvb05q07008cig8s04jai39mmehkllnaig

Hi there,

Android Open, O'Reilly's newest conference for the whole ecosystem, will
gather everyone from developers creating the next cool apps to OEMs,
along with carriers hacking the platform for their specific business
needs. Tracks include App Development, Platform Development, and
Business & Marketing. Speakers include Massimo Banzi (Arduino), Eric
Burke (Square), Mark Gross (Intel), and many more.
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z1oibpqlli8qabja3ggp9g1bmd9dhekkk1kf68n0

Curious about OSCON Java? Hear keynotes by Java pioneers such as Martin
Odersky, inventor of the Scala language, Steven G. Harris of Oracle, and
Raffi Krikorian, who leads Applications Services at Twitter. They'll
keynote at OSCON Java--new to the Open Source Convention (OSCON)--
July 25-27, Portland, OR.
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z7gv115vd7629rlkt7jrpulu7isi18rck29010po

Learn more about OSCON Data and Java as Sarah Novotny and Edd Dumbill
talk about the history and evolution of OSCON.
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zqr7r6i9r9noo9fa2v61lplkift7nr7dfpt7e0m8

Let us know if you'd like some OSCON discount flyers for your next
meeting. We'll send you some.

Team up with O'Reilly and many more organizations at the the Community
Leadership Summit happening in Portland, OR July 23-24. Peek at the
guest list here:
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zb1bte76ofspbubbron7liml88ti9jedhsp1ohc0

We'll meet user groups and community managers from across the
globe.

Join us September 19-23 in New York City for the next edition of
O'Reilly Strata and dive into a full week of
data-driven events:

Strata Jumpstart, September 19, 2011--New York, NY
A crash course for managers, strategists, and entrepreneurs on how to
manage the data deluge that's transforming traditional business
practices across the board--in finance, marketing, sales, legal,
privacy/security, operations, and HR. Speakers include Nolan Goldberg
(Proskauer), Jennifer Zeszut (Scout Labs), Simon Wardley (Leading Edge
Forum), DJ Patil (Color), and James Kobielus (Forrester Research).
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zfsjep5bp9o9uk2soe46lmk07j2aa2sblp0034fg

Strata Conference, September 22-23, 2011--New York, NY
Two days of the nuts-and-bolts needed for building a data-driven
business--the latest on skills, tools, and technologies you need to make
data work. Speakers include Hilary Mason (bit.ly), Pete Warden (OpenHeatMap),
Rachel Sterne (GroundReport), and Drew Conway (NYU).
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zm4ji9piblko67861o18j3kg2vkgqceejf0i20e8

Here's a new Microsoft Press eReference Library hosted by Safari Books
Online. Get access to Microsoft Press titles and time-saving
tools that make it easy for you to organize information and personalize
your experience so that you can reach your training goals.
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z10odhpr1p3nf30hi9o14csh4f3rnar8v51e3rpg

Are you a User Group leader looking to present on using the cloud for
your data needs? Check out this "Train the Trainer" content from
Microsoft on SQL Azure. This content is available on demand and provides
an overview of SQL Azure, common use scenarios, demos, additional
resources, and free trials for User Group members.

Train the Trainer materials (Zip file)
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zbln1dsob10a8u41ch63kch16a60v37vaffk6fdg

And download these instructor led helpful hints for presenting these
materials to your group (Zip file):
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zc7d832u4objcn94euvfi0s7itdgb8ch5c7beo70

Thanks,

-- Marsee Henon and Jon Johns

P.S. Want to hang out? Here are the places we'll be. If you're attending
or live in the area and have time to get together, please let us know.

-July 23-24, Community Leadership Summit, Portland, OR
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zihg8tcj803op0nes4jpijp7mnu1ito9ijiu14io

-July 25-29, OSCON, OSCON Data, and OSCON Java, Portland, OR
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z8gibv07esp411fnpathhg706un478b6fhird4ig

UG Discounts--Ebooks, OSCON, Android Open, and More
O'Reilly Open Source Convention
July 25-29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
oscon.com/

OSCON Data
July 25-27, 2011
oscon.com/data

OSCON Java
July 25-27, 2011
oscon.com/java

Get 20% off each conference with code os11usrg

Strata Jumpstart
Sept 19, 2011
New York, NY
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z3oedj8rpmelv7r8jkg6m9jhoa6ou15kcr5ri2ig
Get 20% off any pass with code stj11usrg

Strata Conference
Sept 22-23, 2011
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zfb11ljp0rl8tsbfn12mja6l0qt5eb4pavesrauo
Get 20% off any pass with code stn11usrg

O'Reilly Android Open Conference
Oct 9-11, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Get 20% off any pass with code an11ug
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zt2c8oiq82lnau6k5b29h1asitinuea0qs9dk068

Buy 1 Ebook, Get 1 Free
Go to oreilly.com and use discount code: DSUG2
When you buy ebooks through oreilly.com you get lifetime access to the
book, and whenever possible we provide it to you in five, DRM-free file
formats--PDF, ePub, Kindle compatible .mobi, DAISY, and Android APK--to
use on the devices of your choice. Our ebook files are fully searchable
and you can cut, paste, and print them. We also alert you when we've
updated the files with corrections and additions.

Safari Books Online Free 10-Day Trial + 20% off
Receive a 10-day free trial and 20% off monthly fees to a Safari Books
Online Library subscription for up to a year. That means unlimited
access to more than 13,000 books and videos about technology, digital
media, personal development and business from O'Reilly Media and more
than 40 of the world's leading publishers.
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zusjv5cu9qk2aejhe1ekep9arom0breo1verfvtg

UG leaders only--Put Up a Banner; Get a Free Book
We're looking for user groups to display our discount banners on their
web sites. If you send me your group's site with one or more banners
posted, we'll send you the O'Reilly book(s) of your choice. Choose from
the following list:

OSCON, OSCON Java, OSCON Data
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z2mltt5ge13trr4mdi00pcb2j9r9m91cl381queo

O'Reilly Answers
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zlvfhpp2a2h776o4enov07cnfq9fn7cfpjp5futo

Customizable O'Reilly Book Widgets
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zi120gc9ivkg61pcffh9fueohckgafihau9bal38

User Group Discount Slides (PowerPoint, Keynote, and OpenOffice.org
versions)
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z2tvopgm4fl0lmab3ljvltt6ihd7bt5615518sr0

New Releases

Concurrent Programming in Mac OS X and iOS
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zf0sub32s0a76b2ih39jjskb3flugdjssgrfsl80

Programming iOS 4
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zkh1bdrs6fcdv4k0mc02n9em4226rf18v5h3krvg

Getting Started with the Internet of Things
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zogpcakn5hsrd1kbtd46gjf37hoklaahqh4oprpg

Windows Azure Step by Step (Microsoft Press)
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zh3ho10slq0qqvvscof2j8v4qa3nrkevlccp5bm0

Network Warrior, Second Edition
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z8adsct7d7u2sbski2m8u8hhl20u82gv9at9ts2g

My New iPad 2 (No Starch)
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z9ojt2gf9k1ntbmj7gjvs9tvrpa665d00smqgph8

Motorola Xoom: The Missing Manual
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z7itg4hbjvqrd2ktp5fma8i85v29jh7lbc4ed8d8

Microsoft Project 2010 Inside Out (Microsoft Press)
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z837talhve072qcosk0sjkjsgi1rsg0ss6h185d8

Introducing Microsoft WebMatrix (Microsoft Press)
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zs1um3l1uqelrebkpa67vpe5b7h97bindfup52ho

HTML5 Geolocation
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z5i1ltsgmlbvt19qtsqla99gdeb4e6rfclc5a818

DNS and BIND on IPv6
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zpibv2j43bg1lpfu92ood2kea9qhln5basstop68

Developing Android Applications with Flex 4.5
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z9rch4okeqf51tigvhfsubnq8n9ld2cvv0359478

Windows Small Business Server 2011 Administrator's Companion
(Microsoft Press)
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z6t5inrpatbiej6n7pkfm4lko3qgohfs31l2epcg

MacRuby: The Definitive Guide - Early Release
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z3q2o5iadqof87ion2iocg6ev2u61i43ck2t3b0g

Programming Pig
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zakbumrv2kj38jc1q0599pi85omsf64m1nrbfvc8

An Introduction to iOS Programming: