[BBLISA-announce] This week's meeting, and snow plan

Adam Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Mon Jan 10 10:56:17 EST 2011

We all know how inaccurate New England weather forecasts are, but we
can't discount them completely. The latest word is 7 - 12 inches of snow
on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Obviously, if those forecasts
are correct, it's going to be ugly for Wednesday's meeting. As much as I
hate to cancel a meeting, I feel bad about asking our speaker to come
out for a really small crowd. So . . .

If either Cambridge or Boston declare a snow emergency, I will cancel
the meeting. I will also check with people in Cambridge, and if it looks
bad on Wednesday morning, I may cancel the meeting even if there's no
snow emergency. I realize this is all very last-minute, but given that
last week's prediction of five inches produced barely a quarter of an
inch, I don't want to cancel before the snow starts.

Please watch the list (and the web site) for updates on the meeting.

Adam