[BBLISA-announce] BBLISA February 2011 meeting - Project Caua: Private Sector, Environmentally Friendly Jobs with Free Software

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Feb 2 20:18:48 EST 2011

Hi all:

Back Bay LISA's February meeting, weather permitting on

   Wednesday, February 9th, 2011

will be with Jon Hall who is the Executive Director of Linux
International (www.li.org). You may also know him from his many
articles or his "Linux for Dummies" book.

His talk is titled:

  Project Caua: Private Sector, Environmentally Friendly Jobs
     with Free Software

Project Caua is an Open project to create millions of private sector,
environmentally friendly jobs utilizing FOSS in urban areas of Latin
America, and millions more around the world. In addition, Project Caua
will open an avenue for free (as in beer) wireless Internet to help
defeat the digital divide, and to provide low-cost training to move
people off unemployment and create taxpayers. The specifications for
Project Caua can be found at http://www.projectcaua.org/. This talk
will outline Project Caua and open the discussion for actual
implementation details.

As usual you can view the full announcement at:

   http://www.bblisa.org/index.html

We have a new room assignment for this meeting:

   MIT E-51, Room 376

The agenda is:

7:00 - Announcements & Introductions
7:25 - Business card collection for door prizes (worth anywhere from
       $43.99 to $2.99)
7:30 - Formal presentation

The drawing for the door prizes will be held at the beginning of the
March meeting.

If Cambridge or its surrounding cities declares a snow emergency I
will send an email to cancel the meeting.

I look forward to seeing you there.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard