[BBLISA-announce] October Meeting: (ROOM CHANGE) Using MySQLtuner 2.0 to monitor and improve mysql performance

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Thu Sep 30 14:03:13 EDT 2010

Hi all:

Our October talk should be interesting as Sheeri Cabral presents using
MySqltuner to monitor and tune your mysql installation on Wednesday,
October 13 2010.

Note that we are NOT in our usual room we are in E-51 room 372 on the
third floor.

Title: Using MySQLtuner 2.0 to monitor and improve mysql performance
Speaker: Sheeri K. Cabral

With help from Major Hayden, mysqltuner's original author, Sheeri
K. Cabral of the Pythian Group has modified mysqltuner to be more
comprehensive, to output information and to have a "spreadsheet" mode
where the results of mysqltuner are outputted as a single column, so
that you can easily compare subsequent runs of the modified mysqltuner
-- for example, running it monthly or weekly to see how performance is
progressing (or degrading). There is also a truly offline mode that
requires no database connectivity where files containing the output of
SHOW GLOBAL STATUS and SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES are used. This talk will
go through how the the modified mysqltuner works including how easy it
is to change what is checked and the thresholds, so that you can
easily do one-off sanity checks as well as regular monitoring.

Sheeri K. Cabral (The Pythian Group) is a noted MySQL community
activist who recently wrote The MySQL Administrator's Bible.

Keep up with her MySQL writings at
http://www.pythian.com/news/author/sheeri/.

MIT E-51, Room 372  *** Note the ROOM CHANGE to the third floor
7:00  Introductions and announcements
7:25  Door prizes
7:30 - 9:00 Presentations

--