[BBLISA-announce] No BBLISA meeting tomorrow.

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Jun 8 12:26:43 EDT 2010

Hi all:

There is no speaker scheduled for June 9th. Hence there will NOT be a
BBLISA meeting tomorrow.

I hope to see you at the July 14th meeting:

Title: Using MySQLtuner 2.0 to monitor and improve mysql performance

  With help from Major Hayden, mysqltuner's original author, Sheeri K. Cabral
  of the Pythian Group has modified mysqltuner to be more comprehensive, to
  output information and to have a "spreadsheet" mode where the results of
  mysqltuner are outputted as a single column, so that you can easily compare
  subsequent runs of the modified mysqltuner -- for example, running it
  monthly or weekly to see how performance is progressing (or degrading).
  There is also a truly offline mode that requires no database connectivity
  where files containing the output of SHOW GLOBAL STATUS and SHOW GLOBAL
  VARIABLES are used.

  This talk will go through how the the modified mysqltuner works including
  how easy it is to change what is checked and the thresholds, so that you can
  easily do one-off sanity checks as well as regular monitoring.

Bio blurb:
  Sheeri K. Cabral (The Pythian Group) is a noted MySQL community
  activist who recently wrote The MySQL Administrator's Bible (
  http://www.amazon.com/MySQL-Administrators-Bible-Sheeri-Cabral/dp/0470416912/
).
  Keep up with her MySQL writings at
  http://www.pythian.com/news/author/sheeri/.