[BBLISA-announce] reminder: April meeting tomorrow

Aaron D. Ball adb+bblisa at broadinstitute.com
Tue Apr 13 15:33:16 EDT 2010

There will be two speakers this week, both from the Broad Institute,
discussing two different approaches to managing compute clusters.

 Wednesday, April 14th
 MIT E51-149

7:00 Introductions and announcements

7:30 Presentation: "Building 16 systems in 16 minutes with xCAT"

   Ali Tayarani will discuss how we use xCAT to manage several
hundred hosts in our general-purpose LSF-based compute cluster.

8:00 Presentation: "Redefining Compute Nodes and Provisioning"

   John Hanks will discuss his grand vision for the future (stateless
compute nodes managed with Perceus), exemplified by our new
genome-sequencing GridEngine cluster.

--
Aaron D. Ball <adb at broadinstitute.org>
Senior Systems Analyst