[BBLISA-announce] February meeting

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Wed Feb 2 19:41:34 EST 2005

Um . . . I find myself in an awkward position this month: We have a
speaker booked (well, two of them really), but since they were booked
I've received no response from either of them nor from the person at
their company who was helping coordinate their talk. Worse, I'm not
going to be able to follow up with them until the beginning of next
week.

As much as I hate to hold a meeting not knowing if the speakers will
show up, I dislike canceling a meeting even more. Since I have to be in
town that day for other reasons, I propose that we hold the meeting and
hope that we have speakers. If they don't make it, we can talk about
stuff we're working on and maybe want help with, tell funny stories or
horror stories (about sysadmining, that is), or maybe just go drinking.

See you all on Wednesday!

AdamM