[BBLISA-announce] August meeting canceled

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Fri Aug 5 21:41:06 EDT 2005

I was unable to find a speaker, and no one else stepped up to find us a
speaker, so I'm canceling the August meeting.

We have speakers booked for the rest of this year (except for December,
which will be our annual LISA Recap, with everyone who attended the
conference contributing to the discussion). Please put the dates on your
calendar now -- we would love to see some new faces at the meetings.

The outlook for 2006 may not be so bright: I'm starting to burn out when
it comes to trying to find speakers, and it seems my luck has taken a
turn for the worse (twice as many calls/emails to get half as many
speakers). If you want to see BBLISA continue to hold regular meetings,
please consider helping with finding speakers. If no one helps with this
task, I'm afraid the momentum we've built up over the last few years
will be lost.

If you're interested in helping out, let me know. Even finding one
speaker would help; after all, if twelve people did that,we'd have all
of 2006 booked!

AdamM